We ignite students' natural learning powers and spark a love of learning which lasts a lifetime. They develop skills which enable them to excel at their study and exams, and also ensure that they are equipped to succeed in the modern world.
- All lessons are planned with dual objectives: - to develop knowledge and to develop good learning habits such as collaboration, flexibility and perseverance.
- Teachers are rarely at the front of the class delivering information. Lessons are very active, involving student research, group discussion and collaboration.
- Students are encouraged to get stuck, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Students learn how to question effectively.
- Students regularly offer and accept critique, drafting and redrafting to produce best work.
- Teachers set an example by following the same learning mindset. Collaboration and peer support are the norm.
- Students undertake projects. Teachers work together to design projects which link their disciplines, making learning engaging and relevant.
- Students get 'out and about' in the natural surroundings, making learning exciting, memorable and developing their understanding of the world about them.
- Our partnership with Duchy College, community links, and our Fellowship Programme incorporate business, enterprise, and community responsibility into everyday learning. Students are given aspirational role models.