We maximise the potential of the unique and beautiful environment which surrounds us. A gem of British tourism and farming, celebrated by writers, artists, geologists, naturalists, gardeners and chefs - it's an amazing resource for learning.
The school's temporary premises are stunningly situated in Higher Clovelly. The permanent building at Steart Farm Bucks Cross will be ready in 2018.
This rural location enables us to:
- Use the natural surroundings as an 'outdoor classroom', making learning memorable and relevant.
- Place emphasis on caring for and protecting the natural environment.
- Equip students with the skills to make an excellent living in this area and to channel their expertise back into their communities.
- Offer sought-after vocational qualifications alongside high quality academic ones, in partnership with Duchy College.
- We have partnered with award winning Duchy College to deliver sixth form qualifications and develop outdoor learning.
- Work with rural businesses and local organisations to offer engaging learning experiences, and ultimately develop apprentiships and career opportunities.
- Share our facilities and adult learning with the surrounding rural population.